Evenings for parents and guardians were held in the pastoral area during the month of January.
It focused on preparation for the sacrament of First Reconciliation and what takes place as part of the Sacrament of Reconciliation.
Some of the areas we discussed together included:
- What is reconciliation?
- What are your children learning about the Sacrament of Reconciliation?
- What will happen on the day?
- How can you help prepare your child for and support your child during the Sacrament?
- How can you talk about sin and reconciliation with your child?
The Sacrament of First Reconciliation will take place between this stage and the next.
We encourage you, between now and the Mass to:
- Talk to your child about Reconciliation.
- Go over with them the prayers they are learning in school.
- Bring them into the Church during the week and say the prayers with them there.
- Assure them that you will be close by as the Sacrament of Reconciliation takes place.
- Use the resource book ‘Preparing for First Reconciliation’ with your child.
We look forward to seeing you in April for the next stage of preparation: Receive