Evenings for parents and guardians were held in the pastoral area during October 2016.
These evenings focused on what it is we do as a community when we gather to celebrate Mass. Some of the areas we discussed together include:
- What is First Communion for you?
- What does having a meal together mean to you?
- How can you support this preparation programme in the parish for your family?
The Enrolment Mass on the weekend of 26/27 November will mark the end of this stage.
Between now and the Enrolment Mass we encourage you to:
- Talk to your child about your memories of first Communion.
- Talk to your child about their Baptism and why it was important to you that they were Baptised.
- Talk about the enrolment certificate and promises and put ideas together on how you can keep those promises together.
- Pray together. (see the Reflect Handout Leaflet below for some suggestions on praying together)
- Drop into a church together and chat about the different parts of it.
- Come to Mass together.
We look forward to seeing you at the Enrolment Mass in November and joining everyone again in January for the next stage of preparation: Reconcile