Incorporating: Kilcoole, Newtownmountkennedy, Newcastle, Delgany and Kilpedder
Kilquade Parish aims to be a more vital, unified Christian community, where everyone will feel valued, especially newcomers, the elderly, the youth and the disadvantaged.
Characterised by Faith, Mission, Worship and Service our hope is to proclaim the Word of God, building on the work already being done and affirming the contribution of those involved.
We will respond to the reality of our parishioners lives, listen to them and be sensitive to their struggles.
THE TASKS OF THE PARISH PASTORAL COUNCIL
- To promote a greater sense of parish identity, given that there are 4 Eucharistic Communities.
- To discern the needs of the parish and involve all parishioners in responding to those needs.
- To discover the gifts of the parishioners and develop them through the provision of training and ongoing formation.
- To provide structures to tackle the needs of the parish, utilising our talents and resources.
- To ensure effective dialogue within the parish, the diocese and the wider community. In particular, to actively link with our neighbouring parish, Greystones.
- To promote ongoing evaluation by reviewing the life and activities of the parish.